jemalloc 3.6.0 released
jasone at canonware.com
Mon Mar 31 09:50:05 PDT 2014
jemalloc 3.6.0 is now available. This version contains a critical bug fix for a regression present in 3.5.0 and 3.5.1.
- Fix a regression in arena_chunk_alloc() that caused crashes during small/large allocation if chunk allocation failed. In the absence of this bug, chunk allocation failure would result in allocation failure, e.g. NULL return from malloc(). This regression was introduced in 3.5.0.
- Fix backtracing for gcc intrinsics-based backtracing by specifying -fno-omit-frame-pointer to gcc. Note that the application (and all the libraries it links to) must also be compiled with this option for backtracing to be reliable.
- Use dss allocation precedence for huge allocations as well as small/large allocations.
- Fix test assertion failure message formatting. This bug did not manifect on x86_64 systems because of implementation subtleties in va_list.
- Fix inconsequential test failures for hash and SFMT code.
- Support heap profiling on FreeBSD. This feature depends on the proc filesystem being mounted during heap profile dumping.
For the complete ChangeLog, see:
Starting point for general information:
Browsable revision history:
More information about the jemalloc-announce