Cross-compiling and configure.ac macros

Andreas Vinsander andreas+jemalloc at vinsander.se
Wed Apr 27 01:54:42 PDT 2011

2011/4/15 Jason Evans <jasone at canonware.com>:
> On 04/15/2011 07:07 AM, Andreas Vinsander wrote:
>>
>> Seems like autoconf has its own idea where ffsl should be found.
>> According to manual pages on my Fedora desktop, ffsl should be found
>> in string.h if _GNU_SOURCE is defined.
>> Any idea what is going on here?
>
> Wow, that looks like a mess.  Maybe the cleanest solution is to switch the
> test to a simple JE_COMPILABLE() program.

I haven't had the time to work on this until now. I have something
that compiles for both SH4 and mips now.
My patches are attached to this mail, would be nice if someone could
review them and maybe Jason will incorporate them into jemalloc in
time for next release?
I also attach my default autoconf cache used when cross compiling for
the SH4 CPU.

I have run a device (having an SH4 based CPU) and it seems to work
when doing some rudimentary smoke testing. I still have to do some
benchmark testing to decide if I should switch from the default uclibc
allocator or not.

Thanks,
/Andreas