List all live malloc'd blocks, with their size in bytes

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 18:47:24 PDT 2012

Hi,

I would like to know if jemalloc 3.0 is able to give a list of all
currently live blocks, with their exact address and size.

By "live block" I mean something that has been returned by malloc (or
realloc, etc) and not yet free'd.

If that is not possible, is there a "right way" to do so as a local
patch to my version of jemalloc (with no particular aim at upstreaming
this), or should I simply just instrument the malloc, free, etc.
functions?

Thanks,
Benoit