jemalloc win32 port

Mike Hommey mh+jemalloc at glandium.org
Thu Mar 1 06:56:21 PST 2012

On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 01:41:13PM -0800, Jason Evans wrote:
> I looked through your patch and found numerous issues that would make
> it a lot of work to integrate, some of which Mike Hommey pointed out.
> The real non-starter though is that it uses hand-edited versions of
> the *.h.in header files.  That's not a maintainable solution.  I don't
> regularly use Windows, and even if I integrated this patch, the
> Windows support would be sure to break almost immediately due to
> innocuous changes.

One thing that could be integrated straight away is the prn.h file
rename. When I was looking at the patch originally, I thought this was a
file addition, but now that I have actually looked at jemalloc2 code, I
see what the problem is. For what it's worth, mercurial already barfs
because of that filename when importing jemalloc2 code.

Cheers,

Mike