Question regarding jemalloc and JVM

Jason Evans jasone at canonware.com
Mon Mar 26 10:00:39 PDT 2012

On Mar 26, 2012, at 9:51 AM, Vijay Parthasarathy wrote:
> looks like it is problematic to use LD_PRELOAD i had various crashes. I understand it is too much to ask, any configuration to look out for?
> I think most probably i will use JNI to load jemalloc (LD_LIBRARY_PATH), looks like that works fine so far.
>
> hs_err_pid1622.log:# Problematic frame:
> hs_err_pid1622.log-# C  [libjemalloc.so+0x57f4]  free+0x54
> hs_err_pid1622.log-#

The crash in free() is the only one that tells me anything at all, and my only guesses are 1) mixed allocator usage or 2) application error, e.g. double free().  I really don't know anything about how the JVM is structured internally , how it interacts with malloc, how it uses/abuses dlopen(), etc., so I'm not going to be of much help without a lot more background information.

Thanks,