dead lock in forked child

Salvatore Sanfilippo antirez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 01:07:11 PDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 3:07 AM, Jason Evans <jasone at canonware.com> wrote:

> That said, I tend to play whack-a-mole with fork-related issues, because I personally don't think it's important enough to spend a bunch of time providing a rock-solid solution. =)

I understand this sentiment and I take this tradeoffs myself when
developing software, however there may be the case that while we are
speaking an important percentage of all the allocations performed by
jemalloc are happening inside Redis processes :-)
In short so far we rely on jemalloc a lot!

Cheers,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

Beauty is more important in computing than anywhere else in technology
because software is so complicated. Beauty is the ultimate defence
against complexity.
       — David Gelernter