using jemalloc on windows

Nikhil Bhatia nbhatia at vmware.com
Mon Dec 9 17:50:15 PST 2013

Hi,

I just configured & compiled jemalloc on windows using
minGW compiler to create a jemalloc.dll. As I have never
dealt with dll injection/interception on windows before
I have a couple of basic questions (I searched online &
got some pointers about mucking around with Windows CRT,
so thought I will post here):

(1) How can I make my windows application use jemalloc?

And the second related question:

(2) On Linux, I compiled jemalloc with  prefix (je_) &
    used je_malloc_stats_print in my interceptor code to
    print stats every once in a while.

    Can I do something similar on windows and if yes then
    how?

Thanks a lot,
Best Regards,
Nikhil