[question] stats print and prof dump #79

Sudurais A sudurais at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:34:33 PDT 2014

Hi Jason,

This is follow up question to https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/79

We wanted to periodically monitor memory usage with stack-trace of each
allocation in multi-threaded application. Currently, I could dump memory
usage (potential leak's) at exit time of the program. Is it possible to
report memory usage (prof_fdump) called with leak enabled using timer
thread while others threads are working on ?.

Is there risk of calling 'prof_fdump' with leak directly from program ?.
 Currently prof_fdump is static function. Thats needed to be changed for
this purpose. I will make sure only one thread (caller) calls prof_fdump.

Is there any other way to dump memory objects with stack trace currently
held (more like exit time output using prof_leak) periodically ?.

Thanks,
Regards,
Sudurais