Memory usage: jemalloc v/s libc allocator

Eduardo Silva edsiper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 06:38:27 PST 2015

Hi,

I got some reports about high memory usage by our open source project
when jemalloc is enabled, to put you in context: Monkey HTTP Server[0]
by default uses jemalloc in static linking mode, but optionally at
build time can use the common system allocator.

When starting the server with jemalloc, the server uses an average of
8MB, when is disabled (common system allocator) it goes down to 174KB.
This is a major concern when used on Embedded environments so I would
like to know how can we reduce the space used by jemalloc initially.

If required I can provide steps to reproduce the scenario.

[0] http://monkey-project.com

thanks for your time,

--
Eduardo Silva