Example of using jemalloc to manage a given memory space?

Bill O'Hara billtohara at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 15:22:16 PDT 2016

Hello all,

I see various hints that it's possible to use jemalloc to manage a given
memory space. That is, given a pointer to say 16GB of byte addressable
memory, use jemalloc to manage it as a heap.

1) Can someone point me in the direction of a simple example, or hints on
how to configure jemalloc to do this?

2) Further -- is it possible to get jemalloc to put it's own data
structures entirely within the given 16GB space, so that if the process
restarts that the heap can be reattached?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Bill