I made a jemalloc patch for solaris 5.8

Jason Evans jasone at canonware.com
Wed Aug 3 10:30:12 PDT 2011

On 07/26/2011 01:59 AM, gurugio wrote:
> I've been making a product for solaris platform and wanting new memory
> manager.
>
> So I made a patch. The patch was tested at solaris 5.8 in 32bit mode.
>
> Of course, I have to do many things to support completly for every
> version of solaris.
>
> Please give me any feedback to make advance patch.

This patch will cause some regressions on other platforms.  In
particular, the change from %zu to %d is incorrect.  Solaris 5.8 is
ancient... no stdint.h?  I doubt the most recent two or three releases
of Solaris have this issue.  In any case, we may be faced with
abstracting out the %zu format specifiers for Windows, so we can
probably make one solution work for both platforms.

The ffsl() implementation is quite inefficient.  It would be better if
it were based on ffs() instead.

> I hope Stand-alone jemalloc package does support for solaris, AIX and HP
> ASAP.

I tend to actively develop jemalloc only on platforms that I actively
use (Linux, OS X, FreeBSD), but I'm willing to integrate support for
other platforms, as long as it isn't harmful to the existing platform
support.

Thanks,