jemalloc 2.2.5 released

Ingvar Hagelund ingvar at redpill-linpro.com
Mon Nov 21 04:01:40 PST 2011

I recently submitted jemalloc-2.2.5 for fedora and epel6.

Because of som ppc specific lacking functionality, jemalloc is still
not updated for for epel5. epel5 supports ppc/ppc64 and needs those
fixed to get a working update. For details, see Jason's answer at
http://jemalloc.net/mailman/jemalloc-discuss/2011-April/000015.html
As stated before, I have access to 32 and 64 bit ppc hardware, and
would be happy to test that if the code appears.

Because of this, I have compiled x86_64 and i386 packages of
jemalloc-2.2.5 for rhel5 and clones. The packages are available here:

http://users.linpro.no/ingvar/jemalloc/2.2.5/el5/

Updated packages for epel6 and fedora 14-16 and rawhide are built in
fedora koji. They are submitted to bodhi, and will trickle down to
their respective test (and later stable) repos in a few days.

Ingvar