valgrind 3.8.1 warning in jemalloc 3.2

Daniel Mezzatto Rodrigues danielm at buscape-inc.com
Wed Dec 12 09:14:10 PST 2012

Unfortunately I can't generate a simple test program that makes the
valgring errors occur. Even inside my system the valgrind error messeges
don't happen for every HTTP request.

Looks like only memory intense requests, that allocates 64 MB or more in
a single chunk, triggers the errors. It also appears that it is related
to reallocs. If I have a HTTP request that somehow generates more than
64 MB of data in a single chunk of memory and this chunck needs to me
realloc'd, then valgring starts complaning.

I'm sending the full valgrind report (20K lines, 15k .bz2 file) of one
of these memory intense requests to jasone at canonware.com so that you can
have some more details.

best regards,

Daniel Mezzatto