Last call for 3.0.0

Mike Hommey mh+jemalloc at glandium.org
Wed May 2 07:51:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 12:20:27PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 03:04:52AM -0700, Jason Evans wrote:
> > I'm doing a final round of testing in preparation for the 3.0.0
> > release, which I'm hoping to tag in the next 24-36 hours, assuming no
> > stability issues are uncovered.  My testing coverage is best on Linux
> > and FreeBSD; OS X is minimal, and I don't even have a Windows system.
> > If there are issues that need to be addressed before the release,
> > please let me know ASAP.
>
> There is the "Check for VALGRIND_RESIZEINPLACE_BLOCK support" patch.
> And I'm going to send one or two more patches today for other things.

I have to write 2 patches for MSVC-related issues that I'll send later
today.

I also get concerning (kind of) random (but not entirely so) crashes in
Firefox on Windows when using current jemalloc-dev. I haven't narrowed
down the problem yet, and probably won't until tomorrow. It might be
better to hold off a release until things are cleared.

Cheers,

Mike