Memory corruptions near 32 bit limits

Salvatore Sanfilippo antirez at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 00:40:51 PST 2012

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:19 PM, Jason Evans <jasone at canonware.com> wrote:

> This is the first I've heard of such an issue.  If you are able to narrow down the failure mode, please let me know so that we can get this fixed ASAP.

Thank you Jason,

given that this is a new issue I'll investigate further to understand
if it could be an issue with Redis itself (I think every single
allocation is wrapped in order to abort Redis on out of memory, but
I'll double check this). If it still seems a jemalloc issue I'll see
if I can reproduce it, so far the only way to reproduce the issue is
of the times it crashes for out-of-memory, a few times it crashes with
an unexpected signal 11 or failed assertion.

Cheers,
Salvatore

--
Salvatore 'antirez' Sanfilippo
open source developer - VMware

Beauty is more important in computing than anywhere else in technology
because software is so complicated. Beauty is the ultimate defence
against complexity.
       — David Gelernter