3.4.0 build log using gcc-4.8.1

Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez rnsanchez at wait4.org
Thu Sep 19 19:04:22 PDT 2013

Olá Jason,

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:34:00 -0700
Jason Evans <jasone at canonware.com> wrote:

> On Aug 30, 2013, at 5:21 AM, Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez <rnsanchez at wait4.org> wrote:
> > I'm posting my build log for jemalloc-3.4.0, using gcc-4.8.1.  I did not look
> > whether these warnings may be false positives, and I do know that gcc-4.8 has
> > been more vocal about some classes of warnings.
> >
> > [...]
> >
> > % ./configure --disable-experimental
> > [...]
> > cc-silence         : 0
> > [...]
>
> Many (hopefully all) of the warnings are explicitly silenced if --enable-cc-silence is passed to the configure script.  If you encounter warnings that persist even with --enable-cc-silence, please submit a patch or let me know so I can address them.

With --enable-cc-silence, only these:

gcc -std=gnu99 -Wall -pipe -g3 -fvisibility=hidden -O3 -funroll-loops -c -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_REENTRANT -Iinclude -Iinclude -o src/jemalloc.o src/jemalloc.c
src/jemalloc.c:303:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
 malloc_init(void)
 ^
src/jemalloc.c:286:1: warning: always_inline function might not be inlinable [-Wattributes]
 malloc_thread_init(void)
 ^

src/ctl.c: In function 'epoch_ctl':
src/ctl.c:1112:11: warning: variable 'newval' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
  uint64_t newval;
           ^

Cheers,

--
Ricardo Nabinger Sanchez           http://rnsanchez.wait4.org/
  "Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."