Option to filter out small allocations in statistics to avoid getting extra stacks

Evgeniy Ivanov i at eivanov.com
Mon Mar 17 01:13:27 PDT 2014

Hi,

We use opt.prof_accum to profile memory allocations. Sometimes performance
degradation is too high because getting stacks is a heavy operation. In
resulting backtraces we see some relatively small allocations we are not
interested in. With DTrace our usual case is to cut allocations smaller
than 16 KB. I would like to add option to cut allocations smaller, than
specified one, e.g. "opt.prof_cut" (ssize_t). Will it be accepted upstream?

--
Cheers,
Evgeniy