jemalloc consistent use of bool?...

Paul Pedriana ppedriana at gmail.com
Thu May 29 15:41:17 PDT 2014

While tracing through the jemalloc source code, I noticed that it seems
to use bool inconsistently with respect to success/failure. Sometimes
true means success and false means failure, while other times it's the
reverse. For example, the prof_dump_flush function returns true upon
success and false upon error. But the malloc_init_hard function returns
false upon success and true upon failure. There appear to be cases of
functions acting both ways. Or am I misreading the code?

Thanks.