[OS X] Configuring jemalloc via je_malloc_conf

Jason Evans jasone at canonware.com
Thu Sep 4 22:50:15 PDT 2014

On Sep 4, 2014, at 9:14 AM, David Rigby <daver at couchbase.com> wrote:
> I’m having some problems using je_malloc_conf to configure jemalloc’s runtime behaviour, but *only on OSX* - Linux is fine. The behaviour I see is that any je_malloc_conf setting on OS X Mavericks (clang-503.0.40) is ignored, but works perfectly when compiling on Ubuntu 14.04, x86_64, gcc 4.8.2)
>
> I’m defining je_malloc_conf as:
>
>     const char* je_malloc_conf = "narenas:1";
>
> [...]

It turns out that this doesn't work on FreeBSD anymore either, and I'm certain that it used to.  My guess is that something changed with regard to duplicate symbol resolution that requires jemalloc to declare its malloc_conf definition as a weak symbol, but I haven't had a chance to investigate yet.  Here's the issue I just created:

	https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/113

If you learn more, or come up with a fix, please let me know.

Thanks,