assertion pageind >= map_bias

marko at kevac.org marko at kevac.org
Mon Aug 3 16:02:10 PDT 2015

Hi.

We are using jemalloc in our internal project and we have been experiencing
very strange memory corruptions lately, so we decided to build jemalloc
with --enable-debug and --enable-fill and give it a try.

Also, we used this env variable:
MALLOC_CONF=tcache:false,redzone:true,stats_print:true

jemalloc version is 3.6.0

This is what we are seeing in logs:

<jemalloc>: include/jemalloc/internal/arena.h:508: Failed assertion:
"pageind >= map_bias"

Can you tell us anything about this assertion?
Is there a way this could happen? Is it a possible bug in jemalloc or is it
more likely that this is some random corruption in internal
jemalloc structures?

Thank you.