jemalloc 3 performance vs. mozjemalloc

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Tue Feb 3 19:38:49 PST 2015

On Wed, Feb 04, 2015 at 11:54:32AM +0900, Mike Hommey wrote:
> *sigh* and sadly, this doesn't fix it all :(

Can you compile all the tests with debug symbols, and use perf top et. al. to
stack-sample the top-executing functions inside the test-case processes?
Frequently an issue can be found pretty quickly with a dump of stack samples,
pointing into the right areas. I didn't work much on jemalloc guts but I did
fix a lot of other code in various languages this way.

Matthew.