Transparent huge pages patch

Tommy Reilly gnurizen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 02:08:53 PST 2015

We (nuodb) developed a patch to have jemalloc call MADV_NOHUGEPAGE on all
memory it mapped but this only works if THP setting on OS is [madvise] so
its not a complete fix. It does give our customers the flexibility to use
madvise instead of never to work around this problem.   If such a patch
would be welcome I will put one together but we consider it a half fix.
Personally I think linux should be changed so that THP can be disabled by a
process regardless of system setting but that doesn't appear to be possible
at the moment.