should there be another jemalloc release

Kurt Wampler Kurt.Wampler at asml.com
Tue Jan 20 15:16:47 PST 2015

It sounds like there will be some important major changes in 4.0.0.

There might also be value in producing a 3.6.1 which would just incorporate
all of the bug fixes that are applicable to 3.6.0, assuming that it would be
possible to integrate them with a low degree effort.

Regards,

Kurt Wampler

> Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 08:54:54 -0800
> From: Jason Evans <jasone at canonware.com>
> To: Rich Prohaska <prohaska7 at gmail.com>
> Cc: "jemalloc-discuss at canonware.com" <jemalloc-discuss at canonware.com>
> Subject: Re: should there be another jemalloc release
>
> On Jan 20, 2015, at 5:28 AM, Rich Prohaska <prohaska7 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The last tagged release was 3.6.0 and occurred in March 2014.   There are a lot of commits since this release in the github repository.  Should there be another jemalloc release?
>
> I am actively working on 4.0.0, and plan to release it by mid-2015.  You can see the remaining issues here:
>
>       https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/milestones/4.0.0
>
> Some of these issues may require API changes, which is why I want to complete all of them before the next release.
>
> Thanks,
> Jason

-- The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise in the body of this communication or the attachment thereto (if any), the information is provided on an AS-IS basis without any express or implied warranties or liabilities. To the extent you are relying on this information, you are doing so at your own risk. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. The sender nor the company/group of companies he or she represents shall be liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, or for any delay in its receipt.