Memory usage: jemalloc v/s libc allocator

Eduardo Silva edsiper at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 09:21:46 PST 2015

Initially I used gnome-system-monitor, then I did it with ps_mem.py
script which can be found here:

         https://raw.githubusercontent.com/pixelb/ps_mem/master/ps_mem.py

the results are:

1) System malloc:

$ python ps_mem.py -p 22545
   Private  +   Shared  =  RAM used    Program

   2.5 MiB +  41.0 KiB =   2.5 MiB    monkey
   ---------------------------------
                                  2.5 MiB

2) with Jemalloc:

$ python ps_mem.py -p 26105
   Private  +   Shared  =  RAM used    Program

   14.6 MiB +  42.5 KiB =  14.6 MiB    monkey
                                14.6 MiB

note: the server is not receiving any request.

thanks

--
Eduardo Silva
http://edsiper.linuxchile.cl