Invalid conf pair

Jeffery Griffith jeffery.griffith at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:17:52 PDT 2016

My first attempt at trying to integrate jemalloc and I can't get out of the
starting blocks :-)  From what I read, it seems that I should be able to
get jemalloc into the JVM with LD_PRELOAD and MALLOC_CONF as used below. I
took the examples straight from the wiki but I must be missing something
incredibly basic. I built the .so straight from the download with no
problems (version 4.0) and my JVM does seem to run with it with no problem
(radically lower virtual size and i can see the .so is loaded with pmap),
but I clearly don't know what the hell I'm doing with MALLOC_CONF.
TIA,
--jg

jgriffith at mydevbox.c1.:~/JEMALLOC$ echo $LD_PRELOAD
/usr/local/lib/libjemalloc.so
jgriffith at mydevbox.c1.:~/JEMALLOC$ echo $MALLOC_CONF
prof:true,lg_prof_interval:30,lg_prof_sample:17
jgriffith at mydevbox.c1.:~/JEMALLOC$ java -jar allocmemory.jar
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: prof:true
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_interval:30
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_sample:17
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: prof:true
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_interval:30
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_sample:17
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: prof:true
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_interval:30
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_sample:17
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: prof:true
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_interval:30
<jemalloc>: Invalid conf pair: lg_prof_sample:17
^C
jgriffith at mydevbox.c1.:~/JEMALLOC$ ls