compilation error for client app w/ clang and 913e9a8

Jason Evans jasone at canonware.com
Mon Sep 29 15:34:25 PDT 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 12:21 AM, Matthew Hall <mhall at mhcomputing.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 01:42:17AM -0400, Qinfan Wu wrote:
>> You actually need to include stdbool.h:
>>
>> #include <stdbool.h>
>> #include <stdlib.h>
>> #include <jemalloc/jemalloc.h>
>
> To me this seems buggy.

It was intentional, but perhaps misguided, IIRC based on FreeBSD header anti-pollution philosophy.  I'll make sure this is changed for the next release (patch welcome if you have one handy):

	https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/132

> Shouldn't jemalloc include this, if it requires this to be present?
>
> Another observation... when you compile with jemalloc built with libunwind you
> have to specify -lunwind to get the compile to work. I was wondering if there
> is some script or other place one should look to get the linker flags for the
> current jemalloc.

There isn't currently, but adding a jemalloc-config script seems reasonable to me.

	https://github.com/jemalloc/jemalloc/issues/133

Thanks,